- With our Standard Desktop License, (1) user is permitted to download the font on up to (2) devices.
- Commercial use is allowed. Up to 100 designs (with 400 products or less per design) is permitted.
- If providing digital files to a client, the font MUST be flattened or outlined (non-editable).
- You are NOT allowed to embed the font into any software in which another user may edit the text (such as an editable PDF, Templett, Canva, Zazzle, etc.).
- You may NOT sell digital or physical letterform products. These are products featuring individual letters, numbers, or characters (such as stamps or wax seals with an individual letter).
- Flattened images of the font are allowed on a website or in a website template, but if you would like to install the font in ShowIt, Squarespace, etc. you must purchase a Web License.
- For full details, please review our End User Licensing Agreement. If you're unsure about anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If web font use is desired, you may purchase a license for web font use from Isidore and Augustine or an authorized reseller.
- Conversion of an .OTF or .TTF font (as purchased with a Desktop License) in order to use on a website, or purchasing only a Desktop License with the intention of uploading an .OTF or .TTF font on a website (such as ShowIt or Squarespace) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and is in violation of our Licensing Agreement.
- With a Web Font license, you may use the Font in one (1) website with up to 10,000 page views per month. A website is defined as a single top level domain (website.com), and includes subdomains (store.website.com) and local development (such as localhost).
- For websites with over 10,000 page views per month, please email email@example.com for a separate, extended web license.
- For additional licenses such as server, ePub, extended commercial, etc. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FONT LICENSING AGREEMENTTHIS IS A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT regarding the font software and the design of the typeface ("Product") embodied within (collectively, the “Font(s)”) that you are downloading (whether offered free of charge or for purchase) from Isidore and Augustine, for yourself, your company, your employer, or other principal (hereafter collectively referred to as “you”).
If you refuse to accept a contractual obligation through this license agreement, you are not permitted to access, download, or use the Font.
When you license this Font, you are not buying the ownership of the Font. You are acquiring permission to use it subject to the terms of this license agreement.
This license is non-exclusive and non-transferable and takes effect when the Font is delivered to you. Isidore and Augustine reserve all rights not granted below.
Please thoroughly and carefully read through this Agreement before purchasing, downloading, installing and/or using the Font, ANY OF WHICH SHALL INDICATE YOUR EXPRESS AGREEMENT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. Number of Users and LocationUse of the Font is strictly and explicitly limited to the number of End Users declared and paid for at time of purchase. For a single Desktop License purchase, the Font may be installed on not more than two (2) devices, such as desktop or laptop computer workstations, notebooks, netbooks, tablets, and/or smartphones. If the Font will be installed on more than two (2) devices, an additional End User must be purchased for each additional device.
1.1 Third Party UsersIf you are a company purchasing a multi-user license for your employees, your employees may use the Font Software anywhere in the world, subject to the terms of this Agreement. You must notify all employees of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and you are responsible for all actions of the employees.
In the event that you require the services of a service provider, such as a commercial printer, and you are not able to outline the fonts or otherwise turn them into flattened, graphical artwork, you may provide the Font to a graphic designer, printer or other service bureau that is working on your behalf only if they agree to use the Font exclusively for your work, agree to the terms of this license, and retain no copies of the Font on completion of the work. If you provide the Font to a third-party user who uses it for work outside the scope of the license, then you are liable.
You may not provide the Font or make it accessible to any other third parties.
1.2 Backup CopiesYou are permitted to keep a single backup copy of licensed Font in the cloud, locally on a desktop, laptop or mobile device, or on a studio server. You must be the only party who maintains or has access to this backup copy. The Font may not be sub-licensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away to any other person or entity.
2. Permitted UsageYou may use the licensed Fonts to create images on any surface such as computer screens, paper, web pages, photographs, printed material, T-shirts, and other surfaces where the image is a fixed size, or to create non-editable EPS, PDF files, or other scalable drawings provided that such files are only used by the household or company licensing the Font, EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED, OR REQUIRING PURCHASE OF A SEPARATE/EXTENDED LICENSE.
Creation of personalized or otherwise customized products for resale including, but not limited to, physical goods for retail sale such as T-shirts, greeting cards, mugs, postage stamps, stickers, postcards, menus, business cards, or invitation suites on a customized, per order basis for retail sale such as by way of, but not limited to, Café Press, Zazzle, Etsy, Creative Market, your own website, or other similar services is limited to a combined total of 100 unique digital or physical products with a production limit of 300 pieces per unique digital or physical product. To produce products beyond this limit, you will need to purchase an Extended License.
If you are unsure whether your use of the Font is specifically permitted, contact email@example.com.
3. Separate/Extended LicenseEmbedding the font software within other software includes, but is not limited to, application content, user interfaces or other content for personal computers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, smart televisions, or other works distributed electronically and/or via physical media for sale is not permitted without a license extension. For example, if you want to sell or distribute software for other platforms, such as, but not limited to, Playstation, XBOX, Wii, Mac OS or Windows that contains embedded copies of the Font Software, a license extension is required. If you require this type of use, please contact us for a quote.
Separately, if you will be selling or distributing software for mobile devices (defined as any device running the iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, PalmOS, WebOS, or Symbian operating systems) containing embedded copies of the Font Software, a separate Mobile App License is required.
If you are unsure whether your use of the Font is specifically permitted, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Web Font LicenseConversion to a web font includes the unapproved or unauthorized use of conversion utilities or tools that convert the Font into formats suitable for use of the Font as a web font. This license does NOT permit any conversion or transmitting of the Font over the Internet for the purposes of font serving or font replacement by means of WOFF2, WOFF, EOT, SVG & TTF, Cufón, sIFR, TypeKit, embeddable Open Type, or other technologies that now exist or may be developed in the future. If you wish to use the Font on the web in such a way, a separate web font license is required.
If web font use is desired, you may purchase a license for web font use from Isidore and Augustine or an authorized reseller.
WITH THE PURCHASE OF A SEPARATE/EXTENDED WEB LICENSE, you may use the Font in one (1) website with up to 10,000 page views per month. A website is defined as a single top level domain (website.com), and includes subdomains (store.website.com) and local development (such as localhost).
For websites with over 10,000 page views per month, please email email@example.com for a separate, extended web license.
5. RestrictionsYou may not use the Font to produce more than 300 units of a commercial product without a license extension. A commercial product is any digital or physical thing, which is for sale or acquired as part of a paid service, including but not limited to: A) products, documents, promotional campaigns and/or related materials; B) advertising campaigns and/or related materials; or C) product packaging and/or related materials; is not permitted without a Large Volume Commercial license extension. This includes, but is not limited to, each interior and/or exterior store/business sign, billboard and/or electronic billboard, product package, social media post, gas pump display, billboard, coupon, media case, book cover, etc. in which the Font appears in a static, rasterized, non-moving manner. If you require this type of use, please contact us for a quote.
You may not use the Font in alphabet products without an extended license. Alphabet products are commercial products whose aesthetic value is derived from the Font, and would not be considered the same products if they used a different font (e.g., scrapbooking letters, wax seal stamps, rubber stamps, stencils, signage elements, or fabric patterns).
You may not sell customized or non-customized digital Word products or images of the Font by itself, whether rasterized, flattened, outlined, or scalable. Digital Word products are a digital file of a word or phrase by itself or in combination with other files of a similar nature using only the Font, and would not be considered the same products if they used a different font. Exception will apply only for the use of the Font in a logo, or use of the Font in a format intended ONLY for printing (such as for a poster or business card). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for written permission for any other use or for clarification before purchase.
A separate licence is required to use the Font on letter form goods for sale, electronic books, game playing devices, gaming or gambling devices irrespective of whether the font software itself is embedded into the device or whether it is merely the designs of the fonts that are displayed.
If you are using the Font in exhibition or display in cinemas, motion pictures, on television or on cable television, or as a part of any works broadcast or transmitted on the Internet, a special broadcasting licence is required and an additional licence fee may be required.
Contact me to negotiate extended licensing at: email@example.com
6. Strictly Prohibited UsesYou are prohibited from using the Font in pornographic, fraudulent, immoral, infringing, illegal, harassing, offensive, or defamatory material, is strictly prohibited, including, without limitation, any use of the Font that:
(i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal;
(ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
(iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
(iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
(v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable;
(vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets);
(vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
(viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current; or
(ix) promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
You may not falsely represent authorship and/or ownership of the Font.
Any other use of the Font that is not expressly permitted is strictly prohibited.
7. EmbeddingYou may embed the licensed Fonts into any document you send to third parties. Such documents may be viewed and printed (but not edited) by the recipients.
You may not under any circumstances embed the licensed Font into software or hardware products in which the font will be used by the purchasers of such products (such as document templates, website templates, etc.). Such use requires a different license.
8. ModificationsYou may import characters from the Font as graphical objects into a drawing program and modify such graphical objects.
You may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or instructions of the Font, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the licensed Font itself without Isidore and Augustine’s prior written consent.
9. CopyrightThe Font and the accompanying materials are copyrighted and contain proprietary information and trade secrets belonging to the foundry owning the Font. Unauthorized copying of the Product even if modified, merged, or included with other software, or of the written materials, is expressly forbidden. You may be held legally responsible for any infringement of the foundry’s intellectual property rights that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
10. Design CreditIf your use of the Font is within a format where credits are displayed, for example a movie or television show, or an awards ceremony, or printed production credits, magazine etc., you agree to credit Isidore and Augustine in the following manner: (Font Name) © Isidore and Augustine www.isidore-augustine.com. (This type of credit is ONLY required where credits are shown as part of the format. You would not need to add a credit on a product package, for example.)
11. TerminationThis Agreement is effective until terminated. This Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from Isidore and Augustine if you fail to comply with any provision contained herein. Upon termination, you must destroy the written materials, the Product, and all copies of them, in part and in whole, including modified copies, if any.
12. Refunds and DisclaimerYour purchase is final. Because of the digital nature of our products, no refunds or exchanges will be granted.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, THE PRODUCT, IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. ISIDORE AND AUGUSTINE DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Product rests upon you. My liability for costs, damages, or other losses arising from use of the Font under this license, including third-party claims, is limited to a refund of the license fee. Isidore and Augustine does not warrant that the functions contained in the Product will meet your requirements or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error free.
The Font is sold on an “as is” basis. The license buyer assumes the entire risk of the quality and performance of the Font, and waives both the implied warranty of fitness and the implied warranty against infringement of third-party rights.
ISIDORE AND AUGUSTINE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT EVEN IF ISIDORE AND AUGUSTINE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
If part of the license turns out to be unenforceable, the rest will remain.
13. Governing LawThis agreement is governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Texas. If a dispute arises under this license, the license buyer agrees to the personal jurisdiction and venue of a local or federal court of my choosing. The license buyer agrees to service of process at the email address on the original order.
Last Edited: November 22, 2020